Home buying tips
Get home buying tips from ACCC.
As you prepare to enter the housing market, home buying tips from an expert can help you make better decisions and avoid the pitfalls that many homebuyers encounter.
Buying a house is a huge financial commitment – the decisions you make affect your financial situation for many years to come. Quality home buying tips and homebuyer education can help you to more effectively negotiate home prices, mortgage rates and the closing process.
Home buying tips are especially helpful when you're buying a house for the first time. The right home buyers guide can educate you about every aspect of the process – from maintaining your credit rating to determining how much house you can afford, and from working with a realtor to making an offer, getting a home inspection, and closing on your new home.
When you want home buying tips from a trusted and affordable source, American Consumer Credit Counseling (ACCC) provides housing counseling and a homebuyer education course that will prepare you to enter the real estate market with confidence.
Home buying tips in a user-friendly online course
ACCC is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping consumers achieve financial health through education, credit counseling and debt management services. Our housing counselors can provide you with home buying tips along with helpful resources, tools and educational materials that cover the many aspects of buying a home.
Our in-person and online homebuying education courses provide the comprehensive instruction you'll need to make smart financial decisions as you shop for and purchase a home. Our online course is especially convenient – it can be completed on a smart phone or tablet, enabling you to work on the course on a lunch break, while waiting for the kids or in the other margins of your day.
Our first time home buyer course not only offers great home buying tips but will provide you with the certification needed to qualify for certain federal low-interest loans and special mortgage products.
Benefits of coming to ACCC for home buying tips
When you turn to ACCC for home buying tips and education, you will:
- Learn how to set a budget to save for a down payment and to manage your monthly mortgage payments.
- Understand how your credit rating affects the mortgage products available to you, and how you can maintain or improve your credit score.
- Determine how much house you can realistically afford.
- Learn how to work with a real estate agent.
- Get information about every aspect of the homebuying process.
- Get answers to questions like "What is an adjustable-rate mortgage?" or if you are looking for other housing services you can find information on "What is a reverse mortgage?"
Learn more about home buying tips from ACCC.