Not everyone feels completely fulfilled by their day jobs, and that’s okay! Hobbies can be a great way to explore your interests, but did you know they can also be a way to earn some extra income? A little extra cash is always good, especially if you’re in the process of getting out of debt. Here is a list of hobbies to turn into side hustles, which can help you reach your financial goals!
Hobbies to Turn into Side Hustles
- Photography: Have you always enjoyed being behind the camera? Photography is a great side hustle! Skilled photographers are always in demand for weddings, senior photos, maternity photo shoots, and corporate events.
- Crafts: If you love to crochet or make jewelry, why not start selling it? Websites like E-bay or Etsy can be great for those who want to start selling their handmade crafts.
- Pet-sitting/Dog-walking: If you’re passionate about pets, you can help other people take care of their pets and get paid for it!
- Fitness: Depending on the gym, there may be varying degrees of qualifications that are required to become a trainer or instructor, but for those who like to work out and share their fitness knowledge, it’s worth looking into!
- Web Design/Coding: Web design and coding are skills that are definitely in demand nowadays! Knowing how to design aesthetically pleasing and functional websites comes with significant earning potential. Companies pay very well for good websites!
- Woodworking: Whether you know how to repair old furniture or build new, woodworking is a skill that comes in handy! If this is a skill you have, you can make a decent amount of money selling custom wooden furniture.
- DJing: Music can be a fun creative outlet that can be turned into cash! Like photography, DJs are always in demand for weddings, proms, and other types of events.
What should I do with the extra money?
Finding hobbies to turn into side hustles is a win-win! You get to have fun and earn some extra cash! Now the question is, what are you going to do with that extra money? According to our 2019 survey on second incomes, 43% of consumers who have a side hustle use it to supplement existing expenses. Another 22% use it to pay off credit card debt, which is definitely a smart move! If you can use the extra money to work towards your financial goals, whether those goals are to pay off debt, save for retirement, or save for a house, you’re well on your way to financial freedom!
If you struggle to eliminate credit card debt, ACCC can help. Sign up for a free credit counseling session today.