Student Loan Debt Relief
Find student loan debt relief at ACCC.
When you’re considering your options for student loan debt relief, American Consumer Credit Counseling (ACCC) can help. We are a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping people solve their debt problems and live debt-free in the future.
Student loan debt relief is a major financial concern today. The cost of college tuition has skyrocketed over the past several decades, leaving many graduates with student loan repayment plans they can’t afford. Without adequate student loan relief, many people find themselves paying off student loans well into their 30s, 40s, and even 50s, making it impossible to achieve financial goals like owning a home or saving for retirement.
At ACCC, our experienced credit counselors will analyze your financial situation and your student debt. We’ll lay out all the options for student loan debt relief along with the advantages and disadvantages of each, and help you choose the best option for your situation.
Types of student loan debt relief.
You may be surprised to learn how many different kinds of student loan debt relief are available to you. Depending on your situation, these include:
- Forgiveness of your loans. There are several state and federal student loan forgiveness programs where your loan may be forgiven when you enter the military, participate in community service, enter the health services field, or take a job as a teacher.
- Deferment or forbearance. These options for student loan debt relief allow you to suspend payments for a period of time, usually because of financial hardship or participation in military service.
- Student debt consolidation. If you have several different types of student debt, it may be helpful to consolidate student loans into a new loan with a lower monthly payment or a lower interest rate.
- Alternative repayment plans. There are a number of plans for federal student loan relief that you may take advantage of, even if you were assigned a different repayment plan when you first started paying on your loans. Some plans extend the amount of time of the loan, while others lower the payment based on your income or allow for payments that grow larger over time.
Advantages of student loan debt relief at ACCC.
When you choose ACCC for help with student loan debt relief, you will benefit from:
- Free credit counseling.
- Affordable debt management plans.
- Knowledgeable credit counselors with experience in student loan debt relief.
- Help with student loan debt relief via the telephone, or face-to-face meetings.
- Access to free financial education, materials, and tools.
Learn more about student loan debt relief with ACCC.