In America, carrying debt is much more common than being debt-free. The average American household has around $8,000 in credit card debt. The sources of debt can be varied, whether from credit card spending that gradually increases, student loans for higher education, or a mortgage on a family home. No matter the debt cause, all debt has one thing in common: you owe money.
Credit card debt can sneak into your life. A credit card can make it hard to track how much you’re spending day-to-day. When you use cash to pay for things, you actually part with the money from your wallet at the time of the transaction. You get regular reminders of how much you are spending every time you make another trip to the ATM or bank window. With a credit card, those small charges can just keep adding up until the end of the month. The rows and rows of small transactions accumulate into a surprisingly high bill, and if you don’t pay it in time, even more charges and fees are tacked on.
Even for conscientious credit card users that keep their spending within a realistic budget, things can happen. A surprise car expense or home repair, a medical bill or family emergency can turn your credit card from a convenient way to pay into the only way to pay. While working on getting things back to normal, you can lose track of the interest payments, minimum payment percent, and APRs. Even if you’ve corralled all the various credit lines into one payment with a consolidation loan, the repayment is still hanging over you.
Individuals facing financial difficulties experience very different situations. That’s why a credit counseling service is different than simply taking out a consolidation loan. A credit consolidation loan may seem like the only option, but when you contact ACCC’s counseling center, we will help you determine the best way to approach your situation and provide you with the best credit counseling service options possible.
When you contact our counseling center, professionally trained and certified counselors will:
- Help you evaluate your current financial situation
- Provide you with a detailed review of your income, assets, and expenses
- Provide personalized options based on your goals
If the Debt Management Plan is your best option, we will provide you with the complete program and details.
At the end of the counseling session, you will feel good knowing that there are options available and that you are not alone. ACCC is here to help and provide you the best debt solutions for you and your situation.
To discuss your particular needs, our debt management and credit counselors are available:
- Monday–Thursday: 9:00 am to 11:30 pm
- Friday: 9:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Are you still not sure if a Debt Management Program is right for you? See what others are saying.
This is an excellent service. AJ was patient and explained every step. He was great to work with. He wasn’t overly assertive and listened as we worked towards a plan.
– Dwayne from CA
This has been an absolutely perfect experience for us. We recommended you guys to our daughter and she just completed the signup process. She was amazed at how uncomplicated it was. It’s always easy to reach someone when I call with a question. 5 Stars!
– Lynette from CA
Catarina was very patient, professional, and efficient in clearly explaining everything. The whole process was much easier than I expected.
– Patricia from CT
The testimonials provided herein are unsolicited comments from clients, based upon their individual needs, concerns, and circumstances. These comments are provided for informational purposes only and should not be construed as a guarantee of similar results or experiences, as each individual’s circumstances will vary. Client comments are included for informational purposes only.
- "I was so pleased to find it easy to talk to my counselor about my debt problem. He was very helpful in helping me find a budget I could work with and thanks to him, I was able to reduce my interest rate so I could pay off my debt."
- "ACCC provided me with this plan of how to get out of debt, and also taught me how to stay out of debt. If I have any questions, [ACCC's] staff is always there to give me the answers. ACCC's Debt Management Program helped me so much."
- "Thank you for helping me stay out of collections and make progress toward paying off my debt. Everyone I spoke with was very helpful and made the process simple. They explained and re-explained when I needed it. I have recommended ACCC as a resource to people I know."
- "Thank you to you and your team for helping me get out of debt. I felt like I was drowning in debt and after speaking to your representatives, I was relieved and felt like a weight was lifted. They made it simple and treated me with respect and have always been super friendly. I am grateful for your service!"
Budgeting Tips and Tricks
A budget is the cornerstone of responsible financial planning. It shows exactly how much money you have and where it’s being spent. Use our compiled helpful resources, tips, and tools to help you understand and create a successful budget.Explore
Credit is a convenient way to pay for things, but knowing how to manage and maintain good credit can be very challenging. Check out our find informative articles that will help you learn all about maintaining good credit.Explore
Calculators to help manage your money
Use ACCC’s financial calculators to help you better track and budget your income and expenses to help you better manage your money.Explore
How to prepare for retirement
In your golden years? It’s important that you are knowledgeable about your financial situation so you are prepared to lead a financially healthy life. Get our checklist to help you with your preparations.Explore