Resources & Tools
Medical debt is soaring in the US as healthcare costs continue to rise. A single trip to the hospital may end up costing thousands of dollars, and insurance – if you have it – doesn’t cover everything. When you are faced with overwhelming medical bills, it’s important to know that there are resources available and steps you can take to manage your debt and relieve the stress of your financial difficulties.
ACCC: answers you can trust
As a nonprofit organization, we offer free credit counseling to individuals and families struggling with medical bills and other forms of debt. Through financial counseling, education, and debt management programs, we can help you to take back control of your financial situation and find the best path out of debt.
Free medical debt counseling
In your first free medical debt credit counseling session, our certified counselors will review your financial situation and take stock of your medical debt. We’ll walk you through all the options available to you and help you make a plan to start reducing your debt – as well as your level of stress.
Our medical debt services include:
- A detailed review and analysis of your current financial situation
- An outline of personalized options for managing your debt based on your goals, including social service referrals, educational materials, and financial management resources
- Assistance in choosing and setting up the best plan for you, including an option for a Debt Management Plan
At the end of your medical debt counseling session, you’ll have a clear view of your path out of debt and the knowledge that there is always someone at ACCC available to help you every step along the way.
Contact us today
To discuss your needs and your situation, our credit counselors and debt management specialists are available Monday –Thursday from 9:00 am to 11:30 pm, Friday from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm, and Saturday 10:00 am – 6:00 pm our fill out an online form to be contacted.
Why choose ACCC?
- Accredited through the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating
- Counselors that care about you and will work with you until your problems are solved
- Superior customer service
- Face to face and telephone counseling
- Affordable debt management program fees. We are dedicated to keeping our fees as low as possible and waive or reduce fees depending on your state’s regulations or for financial hardships
- Free financial education and materials
- Experience in the credit counseling industry since 1991
- Accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA)