Resources & Tools
Being unemployed is one of the most difficult challenges you’ll face in your lifetime, both emotionally and financially. And if you have a mortgage, credit card debt, student loans, or other forms of debt, your financial picture may feel bleak. The good news is that no matter how difficult your financial situation, there are always options available to you for managing your debt and your finances during unemployment.
Government resources for the unemployed
There are many unemployment resources available from state and federal government agencies:
- Unemployment help from USA.gov – this website provides information on a wide range of topics related to unemployment
- Unemployment insurance – this Department of Labor website offers the latest information on unemployment resources at the federal level
- How do I file for unemployment insurance? – an explanation of the process of securing unemployment benefits
- Resources from Benefits.gov – a wealth of resources on finding work and receiving assistance while unemployed
- Finding unemployment resources in your state – a guide to locating state resources
Help managing your debt
When you have mounting debt due to unemployment or other circumstances, certified credit counselors at ACCC can help. Our highly trained experts deliver knowledgeable insight, helpful financial tools, and proven financial strategies that can put your mind at ease as you as you manage your money while unemployed. Discover the steps you can take right now to improve your situation and reduce your stress.
Free credit counseling
Your credit counseling session at ACCC is always free of charge. Our credit counselors will provide you with an analysis to help you get a clear picture of your financial situation. We’ll also share with you a variety of options for moving forward.
Our financial counseling services include:
- Evaluating your current financial situation
- Directing you toward helpful resources
- Offering personalized options, including a debt management plan, based on your situation and financial goals
- Helping you make a plan for managing your finances and debt
At the end of your credit counseling session, you’ll feel more control over your financial situation. And you’ll feel good knowing that you have options and that you’re not alone. Our credit counselors are here to provide the best solutions for you and your situation.
Why choose ACCC?
- Free credit counseling session
- Experience in the credit counseling industry since 1991
- Counseling in person or over the phone
- Free financial education materials
- Help regardless of your ability to pay
- Superior customer service
- Trained and trusted counselors
- Accredited through the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating
- Member of the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC)
- Accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA)