Choosing a Credit Card: Resources
For Help and Information:
Credit Card Offer Removal List
- The national credit bureaus offer a toll-free number for you to opt out of all preapproved credit card offers with just one phone call
- 888-5OPT-OUT (888-567-8688)
Credit Reporting Agencies:
- The Direct Marketing Association has developed a tool to help manage your mail. Contact them to be removed from mailing lists, including catalogs, newsletters, donation requests, and more.
- To purchase your FICO scores, one from each bureau
- You can learn more about financial self-sufficiency and how to join a credit union.
ACCC provides links to other services but does not endorse non-ACCC websites or validate their content.