If you like our content, make sure to subscribe to our channel!
Preventative care is vital to your physical and financial health. We often get so tied up with our daily routines and responsibilities that we neglect taking care of ourselves, which could cost you. Here’s how adopting a healthy lifestyle can improve your overall physical and financial well-being.
- Hit those annual preventive care appointments. Most health plans are required to cover preventative services at no cost to you.
- Regular dental cleanings are important to your health and your wallet. Avoid serious health risks by visiting the dentist at least twice a year. Most dental plans cover two cleanings a year.
- An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Practice good eating habits and opt for bagged lunches.
- Stand up. If you have a desk job be sure to get moving throughout the day. Sitting increases your risk of chronic diseases, which costs five times more than someone without such conditions.
- Reduce stress by exercising. Yoga and meditation can help with tension and anxiety. Relaxing activities positively impact mental health.
- Get enough sleep. Sleeping on average 7-8 hours per night will maintain a healthy immune system. When you are sleep deficient, your body becomes more vulnerable to sickness.
- Kick bad habits to the curb. Limit your vices as they can impact your physical and financial health. All this can lead to illness, which can cost you thousands.
Calling your doctor may not only save your life, but countless amount of money.