As November rolls on, many are thinking about buying gifts, paying for those gifts and potentially making more money to pay for them! That’s why we are covering the economy, retail and employment related articles. Learn the latest economic news in this Weekly Round-Up to help prepare for the holidays and achieving your financial goals.
3 Articles on Economic News, Jobs & More
Let’s get started. Check out these three articles on the latest economic news around the country.
- Thinking of switching jobs? Here’s why you should wait until the new year by USA Today
- Target and TJMaxx are killing department stores by CNN
- Janet Yellen says ‘there is good reason to worry’ about the US economy sliding into recession by MSNBC
Economic News Key Points About Possible Recession
- Former Fed Chair Janet Yellen said the U.S. economy is in “excellent” shape but facing several risks.
- One of the most prominent is in wealth disparities that she said are “extremely disruptive.”
- In a downturn, the Fed would have little room to move, due to low rates, she added.
- Yellen also said tariffs the U.S. has leveled on Chinese imports aren’t doing any good.
Job Tips & Financial Strategies
Whether you’re looking to make a career move, or just trying to find a higher paying job, the holidays are a great time to put yourself on the radar and do some professional networking. This is the time of year when you’re likely going to parties, meeting up with friends and family, and possibly meeting new people. Amidst all the small talk, work is a common topic. Are you looking for a job? Now is the time to talk about it.
However, you need to be careful with your money. Before any job transition happens, make sure you have a complete understanding of your finances. You will need a working budget, awareness of all debts and incomes, financial goals and a plan to reach them! Your next job needs to help you accomplish those goals. Finally, don’t forget to consider the benefits of a job offer. Health insurance, disability plans and 401(k) contributions should all factor in as you consider switching jobs.
Stay tuned for next time for our next Weekly Round-Up! If you’re struggling to pay off debt, schedule a free credit counseling session today.