Department of the Treasury
- The U.S. Treasury Department joined other federal agencies to establish the Financial Literacy and Education Commission with a purpose of improving the financial literacy and education of persons in the United States.
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
- The FDIC offers a link on its website to help individuals become better informed consumers and to help them submit comments on bank complaints.
Federal Reserve Board
- The Federal Reserve has a dedicated website that consumers can access if they have a problem with a bank or other financial institution.
Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- The FTC has a link on its website to a section with helpful information on credit cards, consumer loans, and credit counseling agencies.
The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
- Headquartered in Washington, D.C., the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency has four district offices plus an office in London to supervise the international activities of national banks.
Nutrition Assistance Programs
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program
- Select your home state from the drop down menu and click “Go To” for more about LIHEAP
- LIHEAP is a federally funded program to help eligible low income households meet their home heating and/or cooling needs
- Also contact the National Energy Assistance Referral Project (NEAR) at 1-866-674-6327
- Click on your home state for information about Unemployment Insurance Benefits that can provide temporary financial assistance to workers unemployed through no fault of their own who meet eligibility requirements established by state laws
- Call 1-877-US-2JOBS (1-877-872-5627)
General Government Information by Topics
General Government Benefits
- Call 1-800-FED-INFO (1-800-333-4636)
ACCC provides links to other services but does not endorse non-ACCC websites or validate their content.