A fresh month is upon us! Food and beverage is always an appealing topic. Beyond foodies, everyone wants to know about new beverages, price drops or spikes and even food recalls. As a nonprofit credit counseling agency, ACCC wants to keep you updated on prices. Here is the latest in food and beverage news in our Weekly Round-Up.
List of Food and Beverage News
Check out these three recent news articles relating to food and beverage.
- “Americans love soda, fancy water and fake milk. Can the dairy industry keep up?” by USA Today
- “Soybeans, coffee and oil among the products hit by a new round of Chinese tariffs on US goods” by CNN
- “CEO sees no signs of a looming recession – ‘We’re firing on all cylinders’” by CNBC
Grocery Shopping Tips
While food and beverage news can impact your costs, it’s always important to stay on budget at the grocery store. Here are 10 easy ways that can help you save money when grocery shopping.
- Use cash to buy your groceries.
- Avoid deals that encourage you to purchase extra items you do not need, especially if you’re working on debt management.
- Plan meals using similar ingredients.
- Make a list of everything you need.
- Check for reduced produce deals.
- Buy bulk instead of single serve packaging.
- Sign up for customer loyalty programs.
- Pay attention to product placement.
- Pass on pre-made and frozen foods.
- Check out a few stores to make all your purchases at the best prices. However, consider time and gas mileage as your plan your route.
Making some adjustments in your spending habits can help your grocery budget stretch. Use these grocery tips the next time you head out to the store to keep your financial goals moving in the right direction. Keeping an eye on food and beverage news can help you navigate the grocery store and the stock market!
If you’re struggling to pay off debt, ACCC can help. Sign up for a free credit counseling session today!