6 Tips for a Successful Black Friday and Cyber Monday
It is important for consumers to have a plan before approaching Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Having a plan and a budget helps consumers avoid the temptation to overspend.
ACCC has these tips for a successful Black Friday and Cyber Monday:
1. Budget – Have a budget before you hit the stores or the internet, and avoid impulse purchases.
2. Research – Research the products you know you want to buy in advance and take note of the prices at different stores to see who has the best deal.
3. Return Policies – Ask about the return policies before making a major purchase.
4. Hidden Costs – Many deals, especially on Cyber Monday, look great until you start looking at the hidden costs, such as shipping and taxes. Review all charges before purchasing an item online.
5. Compare and Contrast – Many stores offer price matching. Compare the prices of a product at several different retailers, and if you find a better deal, see if they offer a price match.
6. Arrive Early – Black Friday deals usually start early in the morning, and the biggest and hottest items fly off the shelves fast. To get the best deals, you should arrive early.