The Challenges of Paying off Credit Cards
Paying off credit cards can be daunting when the balances are high. And if you pay only the minimum payment every month, it can take years to pay off the balance. That’s because most of the money is going toward the interest, which can be as high as 30% for people with bad credit, so it becomes difficult to pay off the balance.
Here’s an example of how not paying off credit cards with larger monthly payments can be a problem. Suppose you owe $5,000 on a credit card and never charge any more purchases on that card, but you continue making the minimum payment every month. The interest rate on the card is 15%. If the credit card company calculates your monthly minimum payment at 4% of your balance, it can take 10.5 years to pay in full. In the end, you have spent $2,400 in interest!
If you have credit card balances and you are having difficulty managing the monthly payments, it’s time to seek debt management advice. There are many options available for setting up a plan to reduce your credit card debt and payoff within two to five years, depending on the amount you owe – through reputable debt management companies.
Speeding up the Process of Paying off Credit Cards
Paying off credit cards with balances of $5,000 or more is a burden. The bigger the balance, the faster it grows because of the high interest rates. So before you know it, you can have a giant bill that you may have great difficulty repaying.
As your balance increases, you might start missing your monthly payments and eventually cannot pay. Then the collection agencies start calling and demanding payment in full. It’s a scary situation, but it can be prevented. Or if you’re reached this point already, it can be resolved by seeking advice from an organization that specializes in consolidated credit counseling services.
Paying off Credit Cards is Simple through ACCC
Paying off credit cards is easier with the help of American Consumer Credit Counseling (ACCC). If you are overwhelmed with high monthly unsecured debt payments and interest rates, call one of our certified credit counselors. They can help you find a program that will help you regain control of your unsecured debt, whether it’s credit cards, department store cards, personal loans, or a combination. During the past 22 years, we have shown thousands of happy clients how to consolidate debt successfully.
Here are some of the many benefits of our debt management programs for paying off credit cards:
- You make one monthly payment directly to ACCC. Then we distribute the money to your creditors on your behalf.
- ACCC works with your creditors to reduce your interest charges and fees, so you’re actually paying off credit cards faster.
- You have access to our members-only website 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- We have a Recounseling Department that provides ongoing non-profit credit counseling, where we review your current financial situation and budget and direct you to additional resources to meet your goals.
- Our Financial Peace of Mind Program is a self-study course with eight units. Topics include improving your financial awareness, money management skills, and spending behavior.
Ready to take the next step? Call us now and let us show you how to consolidate your debt.