Take control of debt with nonprofit credit counseling
If you’re carrying a lot of debt, you’re not alone. The average American household has about $8,000 in credit card debt. When you add student loans, medical bills, and emergency expenses, many individuals and families have more debt than they can handle.
Nonprofit credit counseling can help. When you contact a nonprofit debt counseling agency, you’ll work with certified credit counselors who can help you understand your financial situation as well as all the options available for dealing with debt. Most importantly, nonprofit credit debt counseling services are usually available free of charge.
When you’re ready to take the first step toward a debt-free future, the certified credit counselors at American Consumer Credit Counseling (ACCC) can help you find the path that is right for you.
What to expect from nonprofit credit counseling
When you contact a nonprofit credit counseling service like ACCC, you’ll be working with a certified credit counselor who is highly trained in matters like credit card debt, student loans, bankruptcy, and other areas of consumer debt. A debt counselor will typically help you to:
- Evaluate your financial situation by reviewing your income, assets, and expenses in detail.
- Create a budget you can live with.
- Figure out how you got into debt, how you can address it, and what you can do to avoid debt in the future.
- Review personalized options for managing your debt based on your financial goals.
- Make a plan for getting out of debt within 3 to 5 years.
- Provide additional counseling, if needed, for dealing with bankruptcy, housing issues, student loans, and other financial matters.
- Set up low-cost nonprofit debt management if that seems like the best option for your situation.
Enjoy free nonprofit credit counseling with ACCC
American Consumer Credit Counseling is a nonprofit credit counseling agency that helps consumers take control of their financial lives. We offer a wide range of services, including credit counseling, debt management plans, debt consolidation, and financial education. Founded in 1991, we have been helping individuals and families improve their financial outlook for three decades.
With nonprofit credit counseling from ACCC, you can:
- Take a clear look at your financial situation and your options for managing debt.
- Develop a plan and get the support you need to get out of debt – often within five years.
- Reduce interest rates on credit cards and prevent late fees and over-the-limit fees.
- Consolidate your unsecured debt into a single monthly payment in a debt management plan.
- Retain control of your financial life and learn how to live debt-free.
Why choose nonprofit credit counseling?
When looking for help to get out of debt, it’s important to choose a nonprofit credit counseling agency over a for-profit debt relief company. Nonprofit agencies offer their services for free or at very low rates, while for-profit companies typically charge significant fees. With nonprofit debt relief counseling, you’ll get impartial advice and a plan to pay your debt off while preserving your credit score. For-profit agencies, on the other hand, often advise you to stop paying your creditors, potentially damaging your credit and resulting in collections, additional late fees, and potential legal action. Ultimately, the primary motivation of a nonprofit agency is helping you get out of debt, while a for-profit agency is focused on its own financial gain.
The benefits of working with ACCC
When you come to ACCC for nonprofit credit counseling, you can count on:
- Expert assistance – we have three decades of experience in the credit counseling industry.
- Free credit counseling – we’ll help you analyze your finances, prepare a budget, and make a plan to get out of debt.
- Free education materials – take advantage of a wide range of resources for budgeting, planning for college and retirement, handling medical debt, and many other aspects of financial management.
- Convenient support – we take care of everything, from helping you make a plan to payment of funds in a debt management program.
- Affordable fees – we are dedicated to keeping our fees as low as possible and can provide help regardless of your ability to pay.
- Confidentiality – All your information is held in the strictest of confidence.
- Superior customer service – our credit counselors will work with you until your problems are solved.
- Not-for-profit credit counseling you can trust – ACCC has a Certificate of Authority and is licensed in all 50 states. We are also accredited through the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating.
FAQs: What is nonprofit credit counseling?
What is nonprofit credit counseling?
Credit counseling is a service that helps individuals get out of debt. Credit counselors may offer advice on managing money, adjusting financial habits, creating a budget, dealing with creditors, and making a plan to get out of debt. Nonprofit credit counseling offers services free of charge or at very low rates. For-profit debt companies, on the other hand, may impose heavy fees on the services they offer.
What is a debt management program?
In a debt management program, you’ll work with a nonprofit credit counseling agency to pay off your debt over a period of time – usually 3 to 5 years. You’ll make one monthly payment to the agency, which will then send payments to each of your creditors. The agency may also work with your creditors to try to lower interest rates, reduce monthly payments, or stop late fees, helping to save you money. With just one payment to make each month, it’s much easier to stay on track with your plan for getting out of debt.
What are the advantages of credit counseling?
When working with a nonprofit credit counseling agency, you may be able to get out of debt faster. A credit counseling agency may help you reduce interest rates, prevent late and over-limit fees, and provide you with resources to help you manage your money more effectively. Ultimately, credit counseling lets you know that you’re not alone and that there’s help available to you when you need it.