It always pays to have extra cash on hand, but how far are you willing to go for it? This Las Vegas man does clinical trials and other medical testing to earn an extra buck, with little regard for his own health. Our credit counseling advice – look for safer ways to earn more money. We have a few tips to help you earn some extra cash without putting yourself at risk. Watch the video and find out how much money he makes by subjecting himself to medical experimentation as a human guinea pig.
As seen in this video, obviously, many medical studies pay well. But at what cost? He’s being exposed to potentially dangerous medications or procedures (gee, I wonder why the FDA put a stop to the study where they stop the test subject’s heart for a minute…). Is it worth giving up one of your organs for $35,000? That’s up to you, but we have a few suggestions for earning extra cash that has nothing to do with losing body parts. If you’re paying off debt, extra cash can help.
- Newspaper delivery. Not just a job for a neighborhood kid on a bike, you can make extra bucks delivering papers in the wee hours of the morning. If you work a 9-5 job, this is a good way to earn some extra cash.
- Grocery delivery. Grocery stores that ship custom orders are always in need of reliable delivery people. You just need a reliable car.
- Part time job at a restaurant. You can answer phones, wait tables, or tend bar on a shift that works with your 9-5 job. This often requires long hours, however.
- Freelance. Do you have a special skill or degree? Put it to use by doing additional work in your field. Just make sure that your main job is okay with it.
- Babysit. If you’re comfortable with children, you can babysit on nights and weekends to earn some extra cash. Bonus: Refrigerator privileges.
- Do surveys/focus groups. If there are marketing research companies near you, you can do focus groups for some quick and easy cash. They may show you a commercial or clip of a film, then ask for your feedback. Some surveys can be done online for cash as well.
If you’re struggling to pay off debt, ACCC can help. Schedule a free credit counseling session with us today.