Are you facing a lot of personal credit card debt this year? Instead of derailing these efforts with expensive gifts, honor your mother by staying focused on your financial goals. Use one of these no cost Mother’s Day gift ideas to celebrate the mom(s) in your life.
Affordable or No Cost Mother’s Day Gifts
No one wants to forget, miss or cheap out on Mother’s Day. However, sometimes financial woes can make it impossible to splurge like you may have in previous years. That doesn’t mean you can’t make your mom smile and show some love! It just takes a little more creativity and maybe more elbow grease.
10 Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
If you’re reading this article, you may also be in a time crunch for your gift. Luckily, many of these no cost Mother’s Day gift options don’t require much prep time. You will find some ways to celebrate moms and wives below (check out this article as well for more affordable Mother’s Day presents).
For your mom:
- Frame an old photo and write a nice message on the back.
- Wash & clean her car.
- Do some lawn-mowing, landscaping, gardening, etc.
- Get your kids to create some artwork and frame it for her. Somehow grand kids are more special…
- Repair something of sentimental value.
For your wife:
- Serve breakfast in bed.
- Make a scrapbook of memories and photos.
- Take her out for the day. Go for a hike, have a picnic, take a road trip, etc. You might be able to find some free events, like a concert or a play.
- Handle all of the housework. Take the kids on errands, clean up the house, do some repairs, cook the meals, etc.
- Volunteer together for her favorite cause.
Remember, your mother does not want you to spend money on her just because. There are plenty of ways to show love and thankfulness without adding on more credit card debt.
If you’re struggling to pay off debt, ACCC can help. Schedule a free credit counseling session with us today.