Get help with college debt from ACCC.
College debt can be a real burden on your finances and a barrier to reaching some of life’s major milestones. Many people in their 30s, 40s, and even 50s are finding that their student education loans have prevented them from purchasing a home, saving for retirement or getting married.
If you’re struggling with the weight of college debt, American Consumer Credit Counseling (ACCC) can help. We’re a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping people get control of their finances and make plans for a future free of debt. With free credit counseling and an affordable debt management program, we can help you determine the best way to repay student loan debt and get back on the path to achieving your financial goals.
Find options for paying off college debt with ACCC.
Whether you are current, delinquent, or in default on your college debt, you may be able to get temporary or permanent relief from making payments. When you contact us, our credit counselors will help you explore all your options, no matter how much you owe and what the status of your loans are.
Options may include:
- A new repayment plan with terms that work better for your budget. Options include graduated, extended, income-based, income-contingent, and income-sensitive repayment plans.
- Deferment and forbearance. Depending on your circumstances, you may be eligible to defer repayment of your college debt until you are in a better financial position. If you don’t qualify for deferment, forbearance allows you to stop or reduce payments for 12 months, although interest continues to accrue.
- Consolidation. Consolidating student loans involves combining several loans into a single loan to make payments easier and take advantage of better interest rates.
- Forgiveness. There are a number of state and federal student loan forgiveness programs where your college debt may be forgiven when you enter fields such as community service, health services, or the military.
Our credit counselors can help you explore the pros and cons of each option and determine the best course of action for paying off college debt based your unique financial situation.
Why choose ACCC for help with college debt?
We offer many advantages when you’re seeking help with student loan relief:
- Experienced counselors — we have been helping individuals and families with their debt since 1991.
- Free counseling — counseling with an ACCC credit counselor is free of charge.
- Affordable program fees — we are committed to keeping our fees for student loan assistance as low as possible and will waive or reduce fees for financial hardship.
Contact us today to learn more about your options for paying college debt.