Find student loan assistance at ACCC.
If you’re having trouble with college debt and don’t know how to repay student loans, you’re not alone. Many people find themselves deep in student loan debt years or decades after graduation. Some carry student debt into their 30s, 40s, and 50s, making it impossible to achieve other financial goals such as buying a house, saving for retirement, or paying for their children’s education.
At ACCC, our credit counselors provide student loan assistance to help you look at the alternatives for paying student loans, evaluate your options, and choose the plan that makes the best financial sense for you.
Forms of student loan assistance.
Regardless of whether you have current, delinquent or defaulted student loans, there are many different kinds of student loan assistance available to you.
Depending on your financial situation and the kinds of student loans you have, you may be able to:
- Change your repayment plan. There are a wide variety of repayment plans that can provide student loan assistance. Some plans allow for graduated repayment, where payments start smaller and grow over time. Other plans may extend the terms of the loan to reduce payments, or base your payments on your income and ability to pay.
- Get a deferment or forbearance. Deferment and forbearance programs may be available if you are facing financial hardship. If you qualify for forbearance, you may be able to suspend payments on your student loans for a period of time, though interest will continue to accrue. If you’re eligible for a deferment, you may delay loan payments and interest for a length of time, or the government may pay interest for you.
- Consolidate your loans. Student loan debt consolidation may be appropriate when you have multiple loans or loans with variable interest rates. By combining multiple debts in a fixed interest rate, student debt consolidation can help to lower payments and add stability to your financial situation.
- Have your loans forgiven. There are several federal and state programs where your student loans may be forgiven when you enter a specific field such as military service, teaching, public service, or healthcare.
Benefits of student loan assistance with ACCC.
When you come to ACCC for student loan assistance, you can count on:
- Free credit counseling and affordable program fees.
- Experienced credit counselors who have detailed knowledge of all the options for student loan assistance.
- Free financial information, educational resources and helpful tools including a student loan calculator.
- Student loan assistance in person, over the telephone and via online chat.
Learn more about student loan assistance from ACCC.