Tackle your financial issues with debt relief counseling
When ready to get out of debt and solve your financial issues, debt relief counseling can help. Non-profit debt counseling services provide you with knowledge and resources that can help you tackle your toughest financial problems and make a plan to become debt free.
American Consumer Credit Counseling (ACCC) offers free counseling services and low-cost debt management programs for individuals and families nationwide. Our trained and certified counselors are experts at evaluating your situation, identifying strategies, and helping you choose the best path out of debt. With ACCC, you’ll learn how to manage your money more effectively to resolve your debt problems and avoid debt in the future.
What to expect from debt relief counseling
When you call ACCC for debt relief counseling, we’ll schedule a free credit counseling session with you in person or by phone. In that first session, we’ll go through your finances in detail to document your income, expenses, assets, and debt. Using that information, we’ll develop an in-depth evaluation of your financial situation and provide you with details on strategies for getting out of debt. Our certified and highly trained debt counselors are knowledgeable about all the ways consumers can address debt. They’ll share the advantages and disadvantages of common techniques like debt settlement, debt consolidation, and bankruptcy, as well as debt management plans that may help you deal with debt without ruining your credit rating.
Our counselors will provide you with personalized options based on your financial goals and help you make a decision that feels right for you. There are no strings attached to this meeting – you’re free to choose the course that seems best to you. But you’ll leave that first meeting knowing that there is help available when you need it, and that credit counselors from ACCC will be able to offer expert assistance and moral support on your journey to a debt-free future.
ACCC: debt relief services for consumers
Since 1991, ACCC has been educating consumers on financial management and helping them to take control of their financial future. Over the years, we’ve helped thousands of individuals and families to escape the trap of debt and learn how to avoid debt in the future. Through collaboration with committee partners and financial institutions, we provide unsurpassed financial education and services to those who need it most.
In addition to consumer credit counseling services, we offer debt management counseling, debt consolidation services, budget counseling, and counseling for housing and student loan issues.
A debt management plan is one of our top strategies for helping individuals out of debt. If you choose debt management help from ACCC, we’ll work with you to create a reasonable budget that allows you to put money toward your debt obligations each month. Instead of paying your creditors directly, you’ll make a single payment to us and we’ll disburse the funds to your creditors on your behalf. This arrangement allows you to focus on making just one payment each month and lets us make sure your creditors are paid on time. It also gives us the opportunity to approach your creditors to ask for reductions in finance charges, interest rates, late fees, and over-limit fees. We can also attempt to re-age your accounts, allowing you to pay off your debts over a longer period of time.
5 reasons to seek debt relief counseling from ACCC
When you contact ACCC for debt relief counseling, you will:
- Get free information and advice in a credit counselling session.
- Feel great knowing you’ve taken the first step toward living life without debt.
- Enjoy professional assistance from a team that cares about you and will work with you throughout your journey out of debt.
- Potentially lower interest rates and finance charges on loans through a debt management plan.
- Discover all the options for paying off your debt and avoiding debt in the future.
What you get with ACCC’s debt relief counseling
With debt relief counseling from ACCC, you can count on:
- Free or low-cost services. Your credit counseling session at ACCC is free of charge, and the rates for our debt management programs are among the lowest in the industry. Additionally, we can waive fees for financial hardship.
- Exceptional expertise. We have three decades of experience in the credit counseling industry, and we employ certified credit counselors who are highly trained professionals.
- Confidentiality. We know how important your personal financial information is. We ensure that all personal data is held in strict confidence.
- Free educational materials. We offer a wide range of educational materials and financial tools you can use to improve your knowledge of money matters, develop sound financial habits, and make plans to reach your financial goals.
- Convenient communication. Our services are offered face-to-face and over the telephone. You may use our online chat feature to get quick and confidential answers your questions. Additionally, we offer bilingual services for individuals in the Spanish-speaking community.
- A reputable company. We are a member of the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (the professional trade association for credit counseling companies) and we are accredited through the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating.
FAQs: What is debt relief counseling?
What is debt relief counseling?
Debt relief counseling is a service provided to consumers who need help managing or eliminating their debt. Nonprofit agencies typically offer counseling services for free or at very low rates. Their debt counselors can help individuals to better understand their financial situation and make a plan to get out of debt.
What is a debt management plan?
A debt management plan is a common strategy offered by nonprofit debt relief counseling agencies. Consumers participating in a debt management program will make a single lump sum payment to the agency who then forwards these funds to each of the consumer’s creditors. Individuals who choose a debt management program may benefit from reductions in interest rates and from having certain finance charges and fees waived or lowered.