If you like our content, make sure to subscribe to our channel!
1. Opening up store credit cards. This is one of the most important credit mistakes to avoid. Store credit cards usually have very high APRs. Many people make the mistake of not paying off their balance in full. As a result, they end up paying interest for months to come.
2. Maxing out your card. Giving gifts is great, but not at the expense of your financial health! Don’t hit or exceed your credit limit. This will not only lower your credit score, but get you in unnecessary debt.
3. Getting a cash advance. Banks & credit card issuers will send offers during the holiday season. Be aware that cash advances are not “free” money. They come with costly fees and high interest charges.
4. Accepting interest-deferred offers. Zero percent interest promotions are another temptation to avoid. You should repay the balance before the promotion period ends. If not, this credit trap can cost you hundreds of dollars.
5. Shopping on unsecured sites. Shopping on unsecured sites can result in many consequences. These include ID theft, fraudulent purchases, & spyware or malware. Make sure to shop from reputable retailers & sites only.