Black Friday Shopping Tips
As festive as the holiday season can be, it’s also extremely stressful. Shopping on Black Friday is no exception! The best way to shop on Black Friday is the smart way.
- Check holiday sales & flyers. Go online and do some research before Black Friday. Many stores will release flyers and sales information ahead of time. Mark the items that interest you. Tally the total amount & see whether it fits your budget.
- Know when to buy. Are you shopping in stores? Many stores offer early bird specials to the first customers in line. Check online to see if there are better deals on Cyber Monday, instead.
- Stick to a budget. By creating a budget, you know exactly how much money you plan to spend. Set that expectation on Black Friday & resist impulse buying. Make sure the total amount you spend won’t put you into debt.
- Be careful shopping. Black Friday can be very chaotic. Doors get swarmed, fights break out, and people get injured. Only shop from legitimate retailers and make sure to use a secure site online.
- Shop with your family. Get your friends & family together and go shopping! Teach your kids the basics of budgeting early. Divide and conquer aisles & teach your family the value of a dollar! Most importantly, have fun!