Here’s our credit counseling perspective – to achieve financial health is key to a stress-free successful life. A life with minimum credit card debt is a luxury to have. However, this is an achievable task with a little bit of planning with your financials. American Consumer Credit Counseling provides 20 steps that will help you achieve good financial health. Let’s break it down!
20 Steps To Financial Health
The most basic financial organizing comprises of three things:
- Assessing your past money moves
- Set SMART goals and a plan to achieve those goals
- Keep monitoring, tracking, and modifying these goals and plans to stay on track.
ACCC’s 20 steps to financial health fit into this three-step model. Let’s see what it entails.
- Pledge to change how you feel about your money
- Get organized
- Get copies of your credit reports
- Dispute any erroneous information on your credit report
- Set financial goals
- Set short, medium and long-term goals
- Track your spending
- Create a budget
- Reduce spending
- Determine your net worth
- Pay down debt
- Eliminate unnecessary credit cards
- Start a savings plan
- Protect your assets
- Managing major purchases
- Securing your financial future
- Financial checkups
- Understanding the cost of credit
- Protecting your identity
- Watch out for warning signs
The following video illustrates the 20 steps in a more concise manner!
If you are struggling to pay off debt, ACCC is here to help. Schedule a free credit counseling session with us today.