Amusement parks are a very popular summer destination for families in America. There are so many wonderful options! However, they can become quite a costly expedition. Here is a list of amusement park savings tips to help your family stay on budget.
When trying to pay off debts or simply stay on budget, having fun can be limited. Rather than skipping it altogether, sometimes there are ways to cut down on costs. Let’s take a closer look at how a family can save money at amusement parks.
List of Amusement Park Savings Tips
- Check the food and drink policy to see what you can bring from home. There is often a picnic area for outside food.
- Compare ticket costs at the gate or online for a discount.
- Bring your own stroller rather than renting one.
- Look for discounts on Groupon, in newspapers, or group rates.
- Go on a weekday when admission is typically cheaper.
- Set a budget for gift shop before anyone sets foot in the park.
- Ask for water in a cup; don’t pay for bottled water.
- If you have food allergies, call ahead of time to get permission to bring your own food right into the park.
- Don’t forget anything! Make a list ahead of time that you can check off as you pack for the trip.
- Maybe splurge on decent parking- but not VIP.
- Get one fun photo and make copies at home.
- Move your trip to the spring or fall when admission might be cheaper.
- Ask for tickets as Christmas, birthday or holiday gifts rather than typical presents.
- Research Pinterest and other blogs for specific tips to the amusement park you are going to. Benefit from their experience.
These amusement park savings tips can make this kind of trip possible when you don’t have a lot of spare cash. However, remember that financial stability and credit debt management is most important. Be sure to save and stick to a budget that won’t affect your larger financial goals.
Do you have any other ways to save money at the amusement park? Share them below! If you’re struggling to pay off debt, sign up for a free credit counseling session today.