Goodbye, 2018 and hello 2019! I, for one, am always very excited for the clean slate that comes every January 1st. Near Year’s is the perfect time to put to use what we’ve learned in the past year, set goals for yourself, and make a plan to rock the new year. As a nonprofit credit counseling agency, ACCC wants to help consumers hit the ground running. Here are 10 things you can do to start 2019 off right!
How to Start 2019 Off Right
- Assess your financial situation. Where do you stand right now?
- Set SMART goals to help you get where you want to go.
- Make a New Year’s resolution (that you’ll actually stick to!)
- Set money aside for emergencies
- Start a vacation fund
- Catch up on all of your bills (it’s essential to to succeed in debt management)
- Give your all at work and at home. The effort will pay off in all aspects of your life.
- Place an emphasis on your personal health (mentally, physically, emotionally, financially, etc.)
- Identify things that make you unhappy & make necessary changes
- Make a budget! We can’t emphasize enough how important it is to monitor your money.
Celebrate your victories. Take time to celebrate hard work and when things go right. Even the small stuff!
There are endless things you can do to start 2019 off right. With a positive attitude, motivation, and a solid plan, you can accomplish more than you think. January is a fresh start, so shrug off last year’s mishaps and stay your course to make the year ahead of the best one yet.
If you’re struggling to pay off debt, ACCC can help. Schedule a free credit counseling session with us today.