With the new year beginning, people are starting to set their resolutions once again. Fitness and financial goals, like debt relief, are very common. Since the cost of fitness can be costly, finding ways of staying fit on a budget is even more crucial. Achieve your fitness and financial resolutions with these saving tips.
Staying Fit On a Budget
- Create a plan. Develop a routine that fulfills your fitness needs. There are several online resources to help you do so. Just start searching.
- Purchase some equipment. With minimal equipment, you can get a great workout at home. Dumbbells, a fitness ball, a jump rope, and elastic bands can make a very fulfilling workout. All of these are inexpensive items that have various applications.
- Find a buddy. It can be hard to motivate yourself to workout. Find a friend or two to join in your quest for fitness to help each other.
- Run/Jog. Get a good pair of sneakers and hit the pavement. No matter how far you can go, this is one of the best ways to improve your health. No membership required- it’s free, free, free! Bundle up if it’s cold.
- Videos/DVDs. If you’re looking for more structure, find a good instructional DVD to guide you through your workouts. You may also find free videos on-demand through your cable provider or online.
- Set reachable goals. If you aim too high, you might be disappointed and quit. Set some periodic goals that you can actually reach, and stay the course.
Fitness takes time. The key is to remain motivated and disciplined. It can be hard to stay on track when working out at home but just think about being in shape AND having money in your pocket. Wouldn’t that be sweet? So avoid the gym membership and use these tips to stay on budget and get in shape.
If you struggle to pay off debt, ACCC can help. Call 800-769-3571 today to speak to a certified credit counselor!