Where Can You Turn for Trustworthy Debt Advice?
When you're deep in debt it may seem that debt advice is pushed on you from every direction, from internet pop-up ads and late night TV commercials, to the acquaintance who's touting the latest free-lunch scheme. How can you steer clear of the shams and get objective, knowledgeable debt advice that can really help you get back on sound financial footing again?
Here are a few things to keep in mind when you're in need of trustworthy debt advice:
- Seek advice from a non-profit credit counseling organization. A non-profit credit counseling organization has just one overriding motivation: to help individuals and families strengthen their credit management skills and overcome their debt problems.
- Before getting debt advice from an organization, check with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Reputable debt consolidation companies and counseling organizations should have a high grade from the BBB, and preferably be BBB-accredited.
- When possible, check credit counseling reviews for the organization. Pay particular attention to whether consumers report positive or negative customer service experiences with the organization, and whether they report remaining in good financial standing long after using the organization's services.
Trust in Debt Advice from American Consumer Credit Counseling
American Consumer Credit Counseling (ACCC) has been helping consumers solve their debt challenges for more than two decades. We offer confidential debt advice tailored to your particular circumstances, and a highly effective debt consolidation program.
You can count on debt advice from ACCC:
- We are a non-profit (501) (c)(3) organization dedicated to helping people regain control of their finances. Our credit counseling services are free and our debt consolidation program fees are among the lowest in the industry.
- We are accredited by the BBB and maintain an A+ rating, the highest that the BBB gives.
- Our credit counseling reviews and debt consolidation reviews demonstrate that our customers have been pleased with our professional and courteous counselors and that our debt consolidation program has turned around many customers' financial lives.
Along with debt advice and debt consolidation we offer housing counseling approved by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and pre- and post-bankruptcy counseling approved by the Department of Justice. If you need trustworthy financial counseling for debt difficulties or if you have debt to consolidate , contact an ACCC counselor today.