Get free money management tips online.
Want to learn more about good money management strategies? Need help figuring out how to reduce your expenses? Looking for a little free debt advice to begin paying off loans and credit cards?
At American Consumer Credit Counseling (ACCC), we offer lots of money management tips and financial resources online – all free of charge. It's part of our mission to help consumers nationwide improve their money management skills, pay off their credit cards, and learn how to live life debt-free.
Our free money management resources include:
- Financial calculators to get a clear picture of your financial situation. For example, you can use a credit card repayment calculator to make a plan for paying off your credit cards, or an auto loan calculator to see how much car you can afford.
- Budgeting worksheets to help you track and improve your money management.
- Articles and guides on things like rebuilding credit, buying a home, protecting against identity theft, and other money management skills.
- Workbooks for youth that teach fundamental money management techniques for children.
- Information on lots of other financial concepts like saving for retirement, understanding the difference between a secured loan vs. unsecured loan, how to budget for vacation, and much more.
- Free community education workshops on money management, understanding credit, financial literacy and other topics.
Improve money management with a debt management plan.
If you're overwhelmed by debt and having trouble paying your bills, our debt management plan may be a helpful solution for you. It's a highly effective money management tool where rather than paying each of your creditors monthly, you make a single payment to us and we handle payments to creditors on your behalf. This arrangement can significantly reduce stress, as you’ll have just one payment to make each month. It also helps you keep current with your payments. And it gives us a chance to work with your creditors for possible reductions in interest rates, finance charges and fees, reducing the total amount of money you owe your creditors and making it possible to pay off your debts faster.
Get free money management advice from our credit counselors.
At ACCC, our credit counselors can be the key to a healthy financial future. What do credit counselors do? First, they speak or meet with you – free of charge – to review your finances and help you get a clear picture of your financial situation. Then they'll lay out all your options for paying off your debt and improving your credit. These may involve money management strategies, social service resources, debt management services, and educational offerings. At the end of this free session, you'll leave with a much better sense of what you can do to take control of your finances and put yourself on the path toward a future free of debt.