Fall is in full swing! Is your home lacking the seasonal fun that you want it to have? Are you currently trying to get out of debt? DIY projects could be your answer. Here are 5 fall decor ideas from Pinterest you can make or put together yourself.
Ways to Help Your Decor Budget Stretch
Pinterest has a ton of lovely inspiration for fall decor. Unfortunately, it can take a decent amount of investment to recreate said looks. However, there are several ways to help your budget stretch! Stay focused on getting rid of debt rather than overspending on decor items.
Check out a few ways to help your decor budget:
- Wait a few more weeks and check out clearance.
- Buy seasonal pillow covers instead of entire pillows.
- Decorate one small area, not the entire house.
- Check yard sales and thrift shops for fall decorations.
- Sell a few odds and ends around the house to create a budget or add to the total.
- Consider a chalkboard that you can draw on for each season or occasion rather than switching it out every time.
- Dry your own flowers and use as part of a harvest motif.
Every dollar counts when you are managing debt. It’s hard to wait on things you want, but you will thank yourself later on when you’re debt free!
5 DIY Fall Decor Ideas from Pinterest
ACCC has an entire Pinterest board dedicated to DIY & Decorating on a Dime. Here are 5 DIY decor ideas that might inspire you!
- 20 Cozy Farmhouse Fall Decor Ideas
- How to Decorate for Fall on a Budget
- 11 Ways to Have the Prettiest Porch on the Block This Fall
- Colorful DIY Fall Decor Ideas
- Quick and Easy Fall Home Decor Ideas
Hopefully, these tips and Pinterest ideas can get your home to where it needs to be without consumer debt. Take your time, make things and enjoy the season!
If you’re struggling to pay off debt, ACCC can help. Sign up for a free credit counseling session today!