Sometimes everything goes according to plan, the hard work pays off and you are left with nothing to but celebrate! You might wonder what a financial win might look like or how to celebrate it the right way. Here are some examples of financial victories and how you can celebrate without getting distracted.
Celebrate Financial Victories & Look to the Future
Reaching a financial goal is a great reason to celebrate. In this time of giving thanks, it’s important to take a moment or two to acknowledge your achievements, those who have helped you and more. Here are a few examples of financial goals that you may have knocked out of the park:
- Saved an emergency fund
- Eliminated personal credit card debt
- Started budgeting
- Saved a down payment
- Began using coupons and savings app for groceries
- Stopped buying coffee and lunch everyday
- Fixed an appliance instead of buying a new one
- Bought something new instead of used
- Stuck to the holiday budget
- Completed a no spend month or a spending freeze
- Completed a debt relief program
These are just some examples, big and small, of financial victories. Maybe you even have a few of these completed for 2017. So what is the best way to celebrate a financial win?
How to Celebrate Financial Victories
Now, the question is how to celebrate that great moment. It’s easy to spend money as you enjoy the moment. Fancy dinners, shopping sprees, etc can do some serious damage. However, you don’t want to undo all the great progress you have made with your finances.
Follow these guidelines to keep things in the black:
- Check your budget! You need to know if you have any money to spend before spending.
- Only spend what you have free. No credit cards, no borrowing from next month.
- Reconsider. Find a way to celebrate without spending.
- Start planning your next financial goal. New motivation can be reward enough for some.
- Do a happy dance, tell close friends and family. Take a moment to enjoy.
Simple, right? If you find that money is tight and there isn’t any wiggle room, there are still ways to celebrate without spending. You could treat yourself to a relaxing night in, make your favorite dinner dish, watch a movie or read a favorite book. You might even consider taking a day off from work! If you have PTO, it might be nice to reward yourself with a built-in reward.
Congratulations on that financial victory. Keep it going to make the most of every dollar!
If you’re struggling to pay off debt, ACCC can help. Schedule a free credit counseling session with us today.