The weather has been cooperating but that doesn’t mean the gas prices have. If you’re like many of us who want to spend as much time outside as possible while trying to save a buck, you might be looking at your bicycle as a means of transportation. Bypass expensive gas prices and celebrate National Dump the Pump Day tomorrow.
Eliminate Debt And Save Money By Ditching The Car
Statistics show that around this time until July is when gas prices will be at their highest for the year. Inconveniently, this is the time of year where we all like to get out, take time off and enjoy ourselves, which isn’t very convenient for our wallets either.
5 Ways to Get Around Without The Car Or Credit Problems
1. Use public transportation. Avoid the gas station altogether by using public transportation. Taking the bus or train to work or play helps the environment and your wallet.
2. Carpool. If public transportation isn’t available where you live to where you need to be, try carpooling as an alternative. Carpooling saves money and clears up the roads and highways. Make some new friends at work and plan out routes together!
3. Bike. Bike sharing options are becoming more prevalent in urban areas. Hubway (Boston), Divvy Bikes(Chicago), Citibike (New York), Indego (Philadelphia) and other cities are joining the revolution to help our environment and our bodies to be more active. These companies make it easier to get around without having to take on the expense of owning and maintaining your own bike or vehicle.
4. Walk. Walking has some great health benefits, it’s known to improve your mood, relieve stress and reduce the risk of heart and diabetes, not to mention saves you money on gas and parking.
5. Work from home. Are you able to work from home? Many companies are becoming more flexible with providing a work from home option, especially for those with families or a long commute. A big reason for this change is cost savings both for employees and employers.
Utilize these Dump the Pump options on a regular basis to get out of debt faster. The savings you accumulate can be put towards eliminating debt.
If you’re struggling to pay off debt, ACCC can help. Schedule a free credit counseling session with us today.