Today kicks off National Bargain Hunting Week 2014, a week-long celebration of the thrill of the hunt for bargains – and the triumph of the finds and treasures of a successful bargain hunt. If you are in the process of debt management, the last thing you want to do is pay full price for anything.
Today a smartphone is a bargain hunter’s best friend. In just a few seconds, you can usually find a coupon, price match, or rewards program with just a quick internet search. There are also tons of apps for bargain hunters. They help you save money on everything from groceries and food to clothing and electronics (which is great if you’re trying to pay off credit card debt). Before you head out on any shopping trip, download these apps to score your next great bargain.
- Coupon Sherpa – With this handy app, you can access hundreds of coupons to popular retailers and restaurants and set your favorite stores to easily track their latest deals.
- Retail Me Not – There is no need to print coupons before you leave home. You can easily search for the coupons you want and browse trending deals to find the best offers. You can also save coupons for later, receive automatic alerts for deals that are nearby, and be notified when your deals are about to expire.
- Snip Snap – Perfect for extreme couponers, this app allows you to snap photos of coupons, save them to your phone, and redeem them using your phone. You can also use this app to share coupons with friends.
- Target’s Cartwheel – Use this app to choose from hundreds of offers across every category at Target. Show your printed or mobile barcode at your Target store checkout and feel good when you see your savings add up.
- CVS – You can use this app to not only redeem your ExtraCare savings and rewards, but also to refill prescriptions, upload photos from your camera roll and get free same day pick up, and access exclusive coupons.
- Walgreens – Use it to keep track of your points, view account activity, and scan your mobile card at checkout to earn points and apply savings from paperless coupons. Other features include: exclusive deals, pill reminders, prescription refill by scan, and photo printing options.
- Grocery Smarts Coupon Shopper – Another great app for extreme couponing, you can use this app to cross-reference manufacturer coupons with store sales. This app tracks store prices and shows you exactly how you can use current manufacturer’s coupons to save.
- Grocery IQ – Use this app to organize your grocery list along with all store discount cards, deals, and coupons. When you run out of something, simply scan the barcode and Grocery IQ will add it your shopping list.
- Favado – Favado allows you to easily compare grocery prices and notifies you when your favorite items go on sale.
Price Comparison Apps
- Red Laser – This barcode scanning app lets you immediately compare prices when in a store or making a purchase from your phone.
- Amazon Price Check – Use barcode scanning, camera, speech, or text search to find the lowest prices from Amazon.com and its merchants. You can also share in-store prices.
- Shop Savvy – You can use this app to not only search for deals online and locally, but you can also use it to make a purchase from an online merchant or participating store.
If you’re struggling to pay off debt, ACCC can help. Schedule a free credit counseling session with us today.