Another interesting week in the world of finance! This month has brought a lot of twists and turns for the stock markets. However, that’s no reason to stop paying attention. As a nonprofit credit counseling agency, ACCC wants to help you stay updated. Here is the latest in September market news.
Latest September Market News Headlines
Do you have a 401(k) retirement account? Those accounts are based on the stocks your financial investors have chosen for you. The performance of the stock markets is a critical part of your investment strategy.
Staying current on the market is one way you might be able to help your investments thrive or at least try and avoid major casualties. Read through these headlines to get a glimpse into the latest September market news.
- “Buy Square because the negativity around the stock is about to change” by CNBC
- “Millennials: Go ahead and take that vacation instead of paying off your student debt” by USA Today
- “9 of the Biggest U.S. Dividend Stocks to Buy” by U.S. News
- “Interest Rates… Why So Negative?” by NPR’s Planet Money
Retirement Planning Tips
Finally, review these tips for retirement to be on your way!
- Start investing a certain percentage of your income every year. Increase the amount until you hit 15%.
- Don’t remove money from your retirement funds.
- Compound interest works especially hard the longer you invest. Don’t wait too long to invest or get too side tracked trying to pay for your kid’s college education.
- Contribute to your employer’s 401(k) plan at least enough to max out the employer contribution.
- Change your investment risk throughout the years- more risky and aggressive while young to very safe and stable near retirement.
- Check in with a professional for some financial counseling to ensure you are on track.
Stay tuned next week for more of the latest financial headlines. If you’re struggling to pay off debt, ACCC can help. Sign up for a free credit counseling session today.