Where to find help with debt management
Living with debt can feel like a terrible burden. When you’re having trouble paying your bills and your credit card balances continue to rise, it’s hard to envision a life without debt. In these situations, the first step toward resolving your financial issues is to seek professional debt management help.
At American Consumer Credit Counseling (ACCC), you can find the debt management help you need to take control of your financial situation. As a non-profit credit counselling center, we offer free credit counseling sessions and low-cost debt management plans. We also provide educational materials and financial tools that can help you improve your knowledge of personal finance and learn how to live debt-free.
Five reasons to seek debt management help today
When you seek debt management help with ACCC, you can:
- Get a clear picture of your finances in a free session with a certified credit counselor.
- Consolidate your unsecured debt payments into one easy monthly payment.
- Potentially reduce interest rates, finance charges, late fees, and over-limit fees.
- Take advantage of free educational materials to learn more about budgeting, saving for retirement, managing debt, and reaching your financial goals.
- Pay off your debt – in most cases, within 60 months or less.
Debt management with ACCC
ACCC has been providing credit counseling and debt management help for consumers since 1991. When you come to ACCC for credit and debt counseling, you’ll work with professionally trained and independently certified counselors who are experts in the world of consumer credit. As a non-profit consumer credit counseling agency, we offer free credit counseling sessions, and we can waive fees for our debt management services in the case of financial hardship.
Our credit counselors will help you evaluate your financial issues, figure out how you arrived in this situation, and make a plan to regain control of your financial life. We’ll start by documenting your income and expenses as well as your assets and debts. Then we’ll talk you through all the options for paying off your debt. You can get answers to your questions about debt settlement and debt negotiation as well as bankruptcy and debt management. Your counselor will offer a personalized set of options for you based on your financial goals. Finally, we’ll help you decide which plan for getting out of debt is best for you.
When you finish your credit counseling and debt management session with ACCC, you’ll feel great knowing you have options and that there’s a team of professionals available to support you.
What does debt management help look like?
When seeking debt management help, many consumers decide that a debt management plan with ACCC is the best choice for paying off their debt over time. A debt management plan lets you combine all your monthly payments to various creditors into a single payment to ACCC. Each month, when we receive your payment, we’ll disperse those funds to your creditors on your behalf. We’ll also talk with your creditors about potentially reducing your interest rates, finance charges, and other fees, or about adjusting the terms of your debt to lower your monthly payment.
The benefits of this approach are twofold. With just one payment each month, you’ll find it easier to make your payments on time and you’ll feel a lot less stress about your financial situation. And by reducing interest rates and finance charges, you’ll end up owing less money so you can pay it off faster.
With this kind of debt management help from ACCC, most consumers are able to pay off their debts within 3 to 5 years.
Why choose ACCC?
When you seek debt management help from ACCC, you’ll benefit from:
- Free credit counseling and low-cost services. At ACCC, your first credit counseling session is free of charge. And the fees for our debt management services are among the lowest in the non-profit credit counseling industry.
- Expertise and experience. We’ve been providing help with credit card counseling, debt consolidation, debt management, and other financial issues for 30 years. Our credit counselors are highly trained and certified to help individuals with all of their financial needs and to provide a plan of action to address their financial situation.
- Highly reputable credit counseling services. ACCC is accredited through the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating. We have a Certificate of Authority all 50 states, and we’re a member of the National Foundation of Credit Counseling (NFCC).
- Free educational materials. Your credit counselor can connect you with free educational materials and financial tools that can help you learn more about managing money and avoiding debt.
- Outstanding customer service. We pride ourselves on the quality of our service and the personal support we offer every customer.
- Convenient services. We are available to assist you six days a week in person and over the phone. We also offer an online chat feature to answer your questions quickly and confidentially.
FAQs: What is debt management help?
What is debt management help?
For consumers who are too deeply in debt, debt management help typically involves credit counseling to identify the actions and behaviors which may have led to financial trouble. Debt management help may also involve developing a plan to pay off debt over time.
What is the advantage of a debt management plan?
A debt management plan is a specific approach to paying off debt. Under a debt management plan, consumers make a single payment each month to a nonprofit credit counseling agency which in turn makes payments to all the consumer’s creditors. In contrast to debt consolidation, debt management plan does not require consumers to take out a new loan to pay off old debts. And unlike debt settlement, a debt management plan will not ruin a consumer’s credit rating or create potential legal problems.