Many of the major grocery stores now offer customers curbside pick-up. Time saved is one of the most obvious benefits. However, this service also offers great financial benefits. Learn more about the financial benefits of curbside grocery pick-up to help you stay on budget.
Financial Benefits of Curbside Grocery Pick-Up
Personally, I have used two different curbside services. My family uses it as our primary means of grocery shopping. We love it. Below, I will give you insight into my experience. All these services are different, but I bet they all have some similarities in how they operate. So keep that in mind as you test out your local pick-up service.
Here are the reasons why we love it and how it’s helped our budget (which is important if you’re trying to pay off debt).
- First, there is no need to clip coupons! The coupons are loaded on the grocery store app.
- You can watch TV and order. It takes longer, but totally doable. Relax and take care of business.
- Takes way less time out of the home. We have younger kids and long grocery trips are hard on them.
- You can shop during peak times without having to deal with the in-store commotion.
- Staying in your car and listening to music while they cart it out makes you feel pretty, pretty cool.
- It forces us to meal plan and chooses the items we need.
- We can check the kitchen as we compile the cart- do we really need onions? What spices are we out of now? No more bananas!
- Impulse buys are off the table.
- We stay on budget.
The last reason is the best reason to try curbside grocery pick-up. We struggled month after month to stay on budget. No matter what we did, we always overspent, scrambling at the end of the month.
Finally, we found the best way to stay within our grocery budget: pick-up service. We shop from the comfort of our home, schedule the time we want to shop and think through our meals and needs for the week ahead. Plus, we can focus on paying off debt rather than building it back up.
While it does take time to meal plan and select items, most services show you favorited items or even allows you to use the last order as a starting point. Additionally, knowing the dollar amount of each item and the running total in real-time allows us to remove items from the cart and know we can’t buy extra drinks or treats. Consider using this service to save time and money at the grocery store.
If you struggling with debt, sign up for a free credit counseling session with us today.