Why reputable credit counseling matters
When you’re looking for help to get out of debt, it’s important to look for a reputable credit counseling agency. There are many companies who will promise to help you get out of debt fast, but only a reputable firm can be trusted to recommend actions that are in your best interest.
American Consumer Credit Counseling (ACCC) is a highly reputable credit and debt management counseling firm with a 30-year track record of assisting people just like you. With help from our trusted and certified counselors, you can take the first steps on your journey out of debt and pick up the skills to avoid debt in the future.
For a reputable credit counselor, choose a non-profit company
When you’re looking to get out of debt, you’ll see lots of advertisements from for-profit debt relief firms. These agencies often promise to help you settle your debt for a fraction of what you owe. However, if you’re looking for truly reputable credit counseling, nonprofit agencies are your best bet.
While for-profit firms charge high fees for their services, non-profit consumer credit counseling agencies provide free services and low-cost debt management programs. While for-profit agencies engage in risky tactics, non-profit firms will show you how to get out of debt without ruining your credit rating or putting you in legal jeopardy. Nonprofit agencies also offer an educational approach to money management – they’ll help you understand how you got into debt in the first place, and what you can do to stay debt-free in the future.
ACCC: A truly reputable credit counseling agency
As a leading non-profit credit counseling agency, ACCC has been improving lives and providing solutions to people in need of financial help for three decades. When you come to ACCC for credit counseling services, our highly trained and certified counselors will show you all your options for dealing with your debt and help you determine the best way to approach your situation.
In your first free credit counseling session, we will:
- Help you take stock of your current financial situation.
- Engage in a detailed review of your income, assets, and expenses.
- Outline a number of personalized options based on your financial goals.
- Set up a debt management plan for you, if this approach seems to be your best option.
When your counseling session is over, you’ll feel relieved knowing that there are options available and that you are not alone in dealing with your debt. ACCC will continue to help and support you until your financial problems are resolved.
Five reasons to contact ACCC today
When you come to ACCC for credit debt counseling, you will be able to:
- Take stock of your overall finances and make a plan to take control of your debt.
- Consolidate your unsecured debt into one easy monthly payment in a debt management program.
- Potentially reduce interest rates and prevent late fees and over-the-limit fees.
- Pay off your debt – in most cases, within five years.
- Build good financial habits and learn to live without debt.
Why choose ACCC for credit counseling?
As a highly reputable credit counseling agency, ACCC offers:
- Expert assistance back by 29 years of experience in the credit counseling industry
- A free counseling session and help preparing a budget
- Counseling face-to-face and over the telephone
- Free financial education and materials
- Affordable fees for our debt management program – fees can be waived or reduced depending on your financial situation
- Exceptional customer service
- Certified and highly trained counselors who will work with you until your problems are resolved
- Bilingual services available for Spanish-speaking consumers
- Strict confidentiality
- Debt relief counseling from a firm that has a Certificate of Authority in all 50 states and an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau
FAQs: What makes a reputable credit counseling agency?
What is credit counseling?
Credit counseling provides consumers with guidance on dealing with debt. Credit counselors can also help consumers create a budget they can live with, introduce better money management habits, and provide free educational materials that can help consumers to manage their money more effectively and reach their financial goals.
What makes a reputable credit counseling agency?
A reputable credit counseling agency is typically a non-profit company that offers free credit counseling services and low-cost debt management plans. Reputable firms will have at least seven years of business experience, have an excellent rating with the Better Business Bureau, and be members of the Financial Counseling Association of America (FCAA) or the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC).