Renters and homeowners alike get the urge to switch up the decor from time to time. However, too much debt can stall the fun projects you really want to do. Fortunately, there are are some ways to transform your home on a budget. Try a few of these inexpensive home decor ideas to stay on budget and out of debt.
10 Simple Inexpensive Home Decor Ideas
- Paint an accent wall. Pick one wall to add a new splash of color or even a stencil. You won’t need to spend a lot of materials this way. The room will feel a lot different even with just one wall painted anew.
- Rearrange furniture from room to room. Switching end tables, coffee tables, rugs, etc can be a great way to spend no money and transform your home or apartment.
- Unique glassware can be found at yard sales or thrift stores. You can also add flowers, twine or other simple decorations to the bottles. This can give you a lot of options and opportunities.
- Reupholster your dining room chairs using heavy duty curtains. Keep an eye out for one at yard sales, thrift stores or your own stock pile. If you aren’t hanging, put it to good use and jazz up the dining room.
- Create a paper banner to brighten things up. You can do a simple pendant or go with hearts or a more geometric shape.
- Paint an older piece of furniture to give it a snappy new look. Try to pick a piece without a lot of required steps to keep costs extra low.
- Add white lights to a room for some mood lighting. They don’t always have to be on, but it can be fun to see when you want!
- Buy new lamp shades. Lamps are expensive. Instead of buying a whole new set, just change the shade to give it a different feel.
- Add some shelving to a room. You may be able to make your own shelves with found materials and hardware around your garage.
- Declutter. Getting rid of too much clutter can make a huge difference. You may even make money on this tip by selling some of your belongings!
While some of these inexpensive home decor ideas require some resources- found or new- and time, they will hopefully keep you from overspending on projects beyond your budget. Focus on eliminating debt and then you will have more wiggle room to remodel the bathroom or the kitchen.
If you’re struggling to pay off debt, ACCC can help. Schedule a free credit counseling session with us today.